Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Page 34,35 Conversation Exercises

I arranged the following conversation exercises(page 34,35) today and got the help from our teacher Richard to make corrections and supplementaries for me. Thanks Richard. He asked me to post them on blog. I hope our classmates would like to take a look on them.

Do You Know What Time the Concert Begins?


[When does the plane to Chicago leave?]
A. Do you know when the plane to Chicago leaves?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should ask the ticket agent. He can tell you when the plane leaves (or is leaving).

[Whose dog is this?]
A. Do you by any chance know whose dog this is?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should ask the people next door. They can tell you whose dog it is.

[What is today’s homework assignment?]
A. Could you please tell me what today’s homework assignment is?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should ask the teacher. She can tell you what today’s homework assignment is.

[How much dose this TV cost?]
A. Do you by any chance know how much this TV costs?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should talk to the salesman. He can tell you how much this TV costs.


[When will my car be ready?]
A. Can you tell me when my car will be ready?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should check with the mechanic. He can tell you when your car will be ready.

[How did Doris break her leg?]
A. Do you know how Doris broke her leg?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know how she broke her leg. You should call her friend Patty. She can tell you how Doris broke her leg.

[When did the First World War begin?]
A. Can you tell me when the First World War began?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You can ask your older brother. He can tell you when the First World War began.


[Where did my mother go?]
A. Do you know where my mother went?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should ask that police officer over there where your mother went (or is).

[How long have Mr. and Mrs. Lane been living here?]
A. Do you have any idea how long Mr. And Mrs. Lane have been living here?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should call the superintendent. He can tell you how long Mr. and Mrs. Lane have been living here.

[Why did Roger leave work early today?]
A. Do you know why Roger left work early today?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should ask his supervisor. He can tell you why Roger left work early today.

[Why was I fired?]
A. Do you by any chance know why I was fired?
B. I’m sorry. I don’t know. You should ask the boss why you were fired.

1 comment:

Alejandro said...

Hello Kai Yan, I was reading the exercises, that made my review. I hope can be useful for other students.