Sunday, October 28, 2007

Letter of complaint

October 24, 2007


Director of Highland Hospital
Albert Burns
1411 Park Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602


Dear Mr. Burns:

First, please let me compliment you on Highland Hospital. It is a very good hospital. However, it could be better if each patient had his/her own nutrition plan.

I want to tell you about my experience with the food while I was in Highland Hospital.

I think the nutritionist should design menus according to the dietary needs of each patient. I was admitted to the hospital because I had not been eating for a week and had had a lot of nausea. Initially, they gave me unsalted food that was earmarked for other patients. At the same time, they gave me broth that had too much salt. Even though I hadn’t been eating for over a week, they gave me a meal plan that included meat and potatoes when I should have been given a light meal menu. They even gave me citrus fruits like orange and lemon juice, which further irritated my stomach.

In the future, I hope you can customize your menus according to the needs of each patient.

Please, I hope you consider my advice. It will be good for the patients in Highland Hospital.

Sincerely,

Cecilia Montesinos

Patient of Highland Hospital
100 Galvin St
Oakland, CA 94602

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

October 24, 2007


Director of Highland Hospital
Albert Burns
1411 Park Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602

Dear Mr. Burns:

First, please let me compliment you on Highland Hospital. It is a very good hospital. However, it could be better if each patient has his/her own nutrion plan.

I want to tell you my experience about the food while I was in the hospital.

I think the nutritionist must design menus according to the dietary needs of each patient. I was admitted the hospital because I was not eating for a week and had a lot of nausea. Initially they gave me unsalted food that was earmarked for other patients. At the same time, they gave me broth that had too much salt. And I hadn’t been eating for over a week but they gave me a meal plan that included meat and potatoes when I should have been given a light meal menu. They even gave me citrus fruits and orange and lemon juice, which further irritated my stomach.

In the future, I hope you can customize your menus according to the needs of each patient.

Please, I hope you consider my advice; it will be good for the patients in the hospital.

Sincerely,

Cecilia Montesinos

Patient of Highland Hospital
100 Galvin St
Oakland, CA 94602