Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bad memory to the black people

Hello everybody. I am Victoria. This is the first time I have written on our Blog. Today I want to talk about something that makes me really feel badly.

This morning I went to school by bus as usual. I was waiting for the bus on International Blvd. at High Street. After about five minutes, a 1R rapid bus came by, but the bus driver didn’t stop. I could see there were lots of passengers on the bus so that the bus driver wanted us to wait for the next bus, so I waited for the next bus. Five minutes passed, then a No.1 bus approached. I looked at my watch. The time was 8:15 a.m. and my class begins at 8:30 a.m. I had no other choices, I had to get on this bus even if it stopped at every corner.

When I got on the bus, it was very crowded. The driver said, “ Move back!” repeatedly. I listened to him and walked to the back near the exit, but some people wanted to walk at the back of the bus. I could hear, “Excuse me, excuse me” again and again. Then they passed me one by one. I wanted to let them pass by more easily, so I moved closer to a young girl who was sitting on a seat.

I said,” Excuse me” to the young girl, but the black young girl looked a bit annoyed. She put her finger on my arm and pushed heavily. Suddenly, I felt indignant. I just wanted to let others pass by and I felt that I hadn’t done anything wrong. The black young girl didn’t give up. She talked to her friend next to her –a black girl as well. She said something bad about me. They laughed at me and mimicked my voice. Although I did not understand what they were laughing about, I felt uncomfortable because everyone in the bus was staring at me.

At that moment, I was very unhappy about the black girl’s impolite behavior. In my opinion, people should be always kind to others, but this black girl was not. She was wearing a school backpack and she was a student.

I didn’t believe that black people here were not friendly even though my family told me many times. Until today when the black young girl broke it.

3 comments:

Alejandro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alejandro said...

Hello Victoria, I now what you are talkin about, I been in troubles with some people too, but do not worried. Do you now about the karma? I hope that exists.....do you now what I mean???? jajja

Richard Blum said...

Hello everybody. I am Victoria. This is my first time to write on our Blog. Today I want to talk about something makes me really feel badly.

This morning I went to school by bus as usual. I was waiting for the bus in International Blvd. on High, about five minutes later, a 1R rapid bus came, but the bus driver didn’t stop. I could see there were lots of passengers in the bus so that the bus driver wanted we took another one behind. Then I went on waiting another bus. Another five minutes past, there is a No.1 bus approaching. I saw my watch; the time was 8:15am and my class begins at 8:30am. Have no other choices, I had to get on this bus even it would stop at every stations.

When I got on the bus, it’s very narrow. The driver said,” Move back!” repeatedly. I listened to him and walked to the back near the exit, but some people wanted to walk at the end of the bus. I could hear “Excuse me, excuse me” again and again around my ear. Then they went through one by one. At that time, I wanted to let them passed more easily, so I moved myself close to the young girl who sat on the seat. Meanwhile, I said,” Excuse me” to the young girl. But the black young girl looked a bit unsatisfied, she put her finger on my arm and pushed heavily. Suddenly, I felt so indignant that I just wanted to let others go through and I didn’t do anything wrong. The black young girl didn’t give up, she talked to her friend next to her, black girl as well, said how loathe I was. And also, they laughed at me and repeated my voice. Although I did not understand what they were laughing about, I felt uncomfortable because everyone in the bus was watching me.

At that moment, I was so unhappy about the black girl’s impolite behavior. In my opinion, people should be always lenient to others, but this black girl is not. Still, she was wearing the school bag and she is a student. I don’t believe the black people here are not friendly even though my family told me many times. Until today the black young girl broke it.