Monday, October 29, 2007

My First Menmory in Childhood (Flood water 1983)


Last week, we talked about the story "Final Friday" by Alejandro. That reminded me about when I was 5 years old in Thailand/ In October, there always are a lot of typhoons and storms in Thailand.


I remember one night about 7 pm. I was sitting down and watching TV with my mom and my younger brother. They were sitting on a sofa, but I was sitting on a pillow. I heard rain and thunder outside. However, we didn't care about the rain outside. We were enjoying our TV.
Without warning, I was very surprised to see water coming up from under the door and the wall. Suddenly, I heard a siren and someone shouting loudly. He said that he wanted men in each house to come and help him stop the water because the embankment would soon be destroyed if we didn’t come to help him.

In a few minutes all of the floor was covered by the water. Then, my mom called my dad at work but he wasn't there. I heard my dog barking. A neighbor came to my house. He said that he and other neighbors couldn't stop the water anymore. He wanted us to save ourselves. So my mom told me and my brother to move upstairs. Then she tried to call my dad again. Normally, my dad comes home after 8 pm, but by the time my dad came home it was too late.

When my dad came home, the water was about over the chair. I saw him stand in the water and look around the house and then he turned to look at me. His eyes looked very upset. He didn't say anything. I went to the bedroom and tried to sleep.

Before I fell asleep. I heard a lot of noise from the rain, thunder, and our neighbours. My mom and my dad were talking.


After that we had to live upstairs for a month. My dog lived on top of the table in the kitchen. I saw fish in our living room. My brother and I were happy because we didn't have to go to school. We played a lot of games and we watched TV all day, but my mom wasn't happy. She was very sad. I could tell......

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Last week, We talked about the story "final Friday" by Alejandro that reminded me. When I was 5 years old .In Thailand, about this time. There always are a lot of typhoons and storms in October.
I remember one night about 7 p.m. I sat down and watched T.V. with my mom and my younger brother. They were sitting on a sofa, but I sat on a pillow. I heard there was raining and thunder out side. However, We didn't care about the rain out side.We were enjoyed our T.V.
In with out warning, I was very surprised too see the water come up from the door and the wall .suddenly, I hared a Siren and some one shout loudly. He say that he wanted men in each house come to help him stop the water because the embankment will destroy soon if we won't come to help him. In a few mini all of the floor was covered by the water.Than my mom called my Dad at work but, he wasn't there. While I hard my dog was bucking. I saw one neighbour came in my house. He said that he and anther neighbours couldn't deal stop water any more and he wanted us to help our selves,so my mom told me and my brother to move to up stair.Then she tried to call my dad again. Normally my dad comes home after 8 p.m.,so when my dad came home it too late.
When my dad came home the water about over the chair. I sew him stand in the water looked around the house and than turn to look at me. His eyes very upset. He didn't say any thing. I went to the bedroom and slept.Before I was sleeping. I heard so much noise from the rain, thunder, neighbours and my mom and my dad were talking.
After that we had to lived on the upstairs for a mouth. my dog lived on the table in the kitchen. I sew fishes in our livingroom. That time my brother and I were happy because we didn't have to go to school we played a lot of grams and we watched T.V. all day, but my mom wasn't happy. She was very sad. I can tell......