Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Final Friday





It was 7:10 in the morning, I still remember the hour just as if it was yesterday. I was in my bed when I opened my eyes. At first sight everything looked normal, as a regular day, but it was not.

I heard something outside. A mysterious noise that was surrounding the house. That noise was in all the places, also on the roof. I did not know what was going on, but I had the most terrible sensation. I got up from my bed, and I approached to the window very slowly. I was not sure, but took strength from my insides, and then I took a deep breath, opened the window and there it was.

Water was falling from the sky. A soft breeze soaking everything it touched. It was exactly as the bible describes in The Apocalypses.

I did not know what to do. I could not move for a few seconds. I was paralyzed and scarred watching that terrible scene. Everything I knew told me that I should not go out to the street, much less to school in this situation, It was very shocking to me. I had to choose between my life and my education. And I think I made the wisest choice. I went back to sleep.


After I went back to sleep, I dreamed for a couple hours. I dreamed that I was walking in the street when suddenly, the sky turned dark and started to rain, I could not hide under a tree, much less go into a house, because suddenly everything disappeared. The city began to transform into a desert where there was not anywhere to hide from the water. Everything was sand, and the water managed to reach me. And every second that the water soaking into me. It made me feel weaker and weaker.

When I woke up from the nightmare, it was 11:00 in the morning. I still remembered what I had been dreaming seconds before. I was still scared, but everything looked better., The noise had disappeared, and then a smile grew on my face. I felt comfortable.


After I woke up, for the second time that day, I started to get ready to go to my afternoon class. I took a shower. I got dressed, I made some breakfast and got all my stuff ready to leave. I climbed down the stairs and when I opened the door, you would not believe what I saw. The danger hadn’t gone. It was still raining.


I could not believe it! My bicycle was wet. I just stood in the door watching that terrible scene again, but this time the breeze was stronger than the first.

Perla, my dog, did not know what was going on, and ran outside to the street. Before I could stop her, she was on the sidewalk down the street. I could not believe what that was happening. She was in danger, and afraid. She began to run away from me. I did not know what to do. I reached deep inside and found the strength to go to her rescue, but when I reached her, her feet were muddy. That is what happened.

Now Perla is not the same as before. She had changed and I couldn’t help her.


Perla, this is for you.


You will always be my bitch.


1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

It was 7:10 in the morning, I still remember the hour just like if it was yesterday. I was in my bed when I opened my eyes. At first sigh everything looked normal, as a regular day, but it was not. I hear something outside, a mysterious noise that was surrounding the house, that noise was in all the places, also in the roof. I did not know what was going on, but I had the most terribly sensation. I woke up in my bed, and I approached to the window very slowly. I was not sure, but took strength from my insides, and then I took a deep breath , opened the window and there it was, . The water falling from the sky, a soft breeze soaking everything it touched, it was exactly as the bible describes as The Apocalypses.

I did not know what to do, I could not moved for a few seconds, I was paralyzed and scarred watching that terrible scene. Everything I knew was that I should not go out to the street, much less to school at this situation, It was very shocking to me. I was to choice between my life and my education. And I think I choose the most wiser answer, I went back to sleep.

After I went back to sleep, I dreamed for a couple hours, I dream ed that I was walking in the street when suddenly, the sky was turn dark and start to rain, I could not hide under a tree, much less into a house, because suddenly everything disappear. The city begun to transform in a desert where there was not where to hide from the water, everything was sand, and the water managed to reach me, and every second that the water got wetting me, made me fell more and more weak.

When I woke up from the nightmare. It was 11:00 at noon. And I stilled remember what I was dreaming seconds before. I still scared, but everything looked better, the noise was to disappear, and then a smile drawing on my face. I felt comfort.

I woke up, for the second time of the day, and I started to get ready to go at my afternoon class. I toke a shower, I dress up, I made some breakfast, and got ready all my stuff to leave, I climbed down the stairs and when I opened the door, you would not to believe my what I saw. The rain was still there.

I could not believe that, and that my bicycle was wet. I just stand up in the door watching again that terrible scene, but this time the breeze was more stronger than the first. And without knowing, Perla (my dog), she did not know what was going on, and started to run outside at the street. When I saw her, she was in the sidewalk down the street, I could not believe what that was happening, because she was in danger, and afraid she begun to run more and more in the other direction, I did not what to do, I pulled some strenght and went to her rescue, but when I reached her she was all moody over her feet, ad this is what happened, now Perla is not the same that before, she had changed and I could help her.

Perla, this is for you.
You will always be my bitch.