Tuesday, January 01, 2008

To See The Snow.


My friend Tsu and his family had never seen the snow, since his they moved to the United States.


Before Christmas, he asked me where they could go to see snow. They live in San Francisco. I know that people who live in the Bay Area can easily see snow in winter. If people drive on Highway 80 heading east, near the Boreal Ski Area, they will see it. People have to drive about two and half hours to reach there. They can park their cars in the parking lot. It is free. Then they can enter the skiing area and enjoy the snowscape.


I told my friend Tsu that he had to check the forecast to make sure the weather on the day they planned to start their trip was good with no snow falling and no rain. I also reminded him if they met rain on the way, they should turn back.


They took their trip on December 24th, this Monday. It was a beautiful sunshiny day in the Bay Area. But I worried a little bit about them. After all. it was the first time they had gone to Boreal. So I called my friend Tsu that day around noontime. A pleased laughing came from the phone. I knew that they were enjoying their trip.


That night, I received several images from Tsu. I am posting one of them on our blog. I hope my classmates like it.

2 comments:

Richard Blum said...

Great picture!

Lots of snow.

If your friend isn't back by Friday, you should email him a shovel.

More is on the way!

Happy New Year!

Thanks for the first post of the year.

Richard Blum said...

My friend Tsu and his family have never seen the snow, since his they moved to the United States.
Before Christmas, He asked me where they can go to see the snow. They live in San Francisco. I know that people who live in the bay area can easy to see the snow in winter. As long as people drive towards Highway 80 east, near the Boreal Ski Area, could see it. People drive about two and half hours to reach there. They can park their cars in the parking lot. It is free. Then they can enter the skiing rink and enjoy the snows cape.
I told my friend Tsu that they have to check the forecast to make sure the day they plan to start their trip being fine, no snow falling, and no rain. I also remind him if they meet raining on the way, they have to turn back.
They took their trip on 24th, this Monday. There was a beautiful sunshine day in Bay Area. But I had a little bit worrying about them. After all it was the first time they go to Boreal. So I called my friend Tsu that day near noon time. A pleased laughing came from the phone. I knew that they were enjoying their trip.
At that night, I received several images from Tsu. I post one of them on blog. I hope my classmates like it.