Monday, January 28, 2008

My Secret is Out!

Hi! teacher, classmates. I'M BACK.

I got a driver's license a few year ago but I didn't drive. Do you know why? Because I was scared of driving, so I quit.

After a year , I decided to drive again for many reasons. But you know, I just drove around in Oakland, and I never drove on the freeway not even one time.

A couple of months ago, I took all my courage that I had in me. I started to drive on the freeway. I thought, if other people can do it, why can't I.

Two of my friends asked me to drive them to the Great Mall in Milpitas where they never been before. Then I agreed.

I drove them on the 880 Freeway. For the first few minutes, I was a little nervous. My hands got wet. I had to change lanes very slowly. Then I only took two right lanes to Milpitas where we needed to go.

"Are we almost there yet?" my friend asked.

" Not yet, maybe it will take about 15 more minutes," I answered.

At that time, my driving was better, so I drove faster, then I passed the exit to Great Mall.

"What can we do? " my friends said.

"That's OK! Don't worry. I will find the exit to come back," I said.

I said that, but I felt the same way they did because I had already driven a little far from there. Then I took the exit into a strange city, and I saw an old man who was sweeping in front of a building.

I asked him the way to the freeway north to Oakland. He said that it was far away, about 7 miles. He told me to turn left then keep going that way.

So I took this road for about 10 minutes, but I saw that the street ended. I didn't know what street I had to take next, and around there it was very quiet.

Fortunately, I saw a car driving close to my car. I lowered my car window, then I told the man who was driving this car that I was lost and I was trying to find the way to Oakland." Are you Vietnamese? " he asked. He said that because he heard my friends talk in Vietnamese.

"Yes," I said.

He spoke in Vietnamese to me. He explained that the city didn't have an exit to the freeway North 880. I needed to transfer to the other freeway that was called 287, and I needed to get in the right lane when I saw the exit for South 101.

So I drove back on the freeway, and I kept in the right lane, but this time I paid attention when I saw the exit north to Oakland and I took it.

I thanked him and I remembered what he said. And thank God!, I found the Great Mall!. We spent 2 hours there. Then I found the way back to Oakland. You know, sometimes you get messed up and then you have more experiences.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Hi! teacher,classmates. I'M BACK.

I had a driver's licence a few year ago but I didn't drive. Do you know why?, because I was scared of driving, so I quit.

For over a year , I had decided to drive again with many reasons. But you know, I just drove around in Oakland, and I had never driven on the freeway not even one time.

A couple month ago, I took all my courage that I had in me. I started to drive on the freeway. I thought if people can do it why can't I.

My two friends asked me to drive them to Great Mall in Milpitas where they never been. Then I agreed.

I drove them on the freeway 880. In the first a few minute, I was a little nervous. My hand got wet. I had to change lanes very slowly. Then I only took two right lanes to Milpitas where we need to go.

"Are we almost there yet?" My friend asked.

" Not yet, maybe it will take about 15 more minutes". I answered.

At that time, my driving was better, so I drove too fast, then I lost the exit to Greate Mall.

" What can we do? ". My friends said.

" That's OK! don't worry. I will find the exit to come back". I said.

I said that, but I felt the same way they did. because I drove a little far from there. Then I drove on the exit in strange city, and I saw a old man who was sweeping in front of the building.

I asked him the way to the freeway North Oakland. He said that It was far away about 7 miles. He told me to turn left then keep going on the way.

So I took on this road about 10 minutes, but I saw that street ended. I don't know what's street I had to drive, and around there was very quiet.

Fortunately, I saw a car driving close to my car. I lowed down my car window, then I asked the man who's driving on this car that I got lost. I was trying to find the way to Oakland.




" Are you Vietnamese? " He asked. He said that because he heard my friends talk in Vietnamese.

" Yes" I said.

He said in Vietnamese to me. He explained that the city don't have an exit to the freeway North 880.I need to transfer to the other freeway that call 287, and i keep to drive on right lane when i saw the exit South101, I drove on it, and still keep on right lane, but i should pay attention when I saw the exit North Oakland driving on it.

I thank him and I will remember what he said. And thank God, I found Great Mall!. We spent 2 hours there. Then I found the way back to Oakland. You know, sometimes you get messed up and the more you have experiences.