Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Special Two Sons:


I have two sons, the older one is eight years old and a baby is seven months old. Each one was born in different countries and under different circumstances. When I had my first son, Sebastian, I was very excited. It was my first time giving birth and a very difficult moment in my life. I was not working at the time nor was the father of my child. It was also difficult because of the expenses for a baby even in Venezuela. I wanted my Son to have everything he needed for him to have a good life. All of my family and friends gave him some gifts. A very close friend of the family was very supportive, their support allowed me to get through difficult times and to buy the things I needed for Sebastian until I found a job.
My focus with Sebastian had always been to teach him good things, I was trying to prepare him for this life that is very difficult and dangerous. I wanted him to learn to defend himself in this world. I wanted him to be able to make good decisions in his life. I know I am doing a good job with Sebastian, because he is very good boy, adorable, sweet, smart and he learns quickly. When other people meet him they tell me that he is a very special boy. Since Sebastian was born he has been very lucky in his life. Though Sebastian’s biological father is in Venezuela, he has found a very special father and friend here in the USA in my husband Bill. They love each other very much and they have a good father and son relationship. Sebastian does not like to be without Bill, when Bill is gone without Sebastian, he worries for his father until he returns.
My little baby William is special too; he is the fruit of the beautiful love between my husband and me. He is so cute, adorable and spoiled. When I had William at the hospital in Oakland I compared the different conditions the two babies were born in. With Sebastian’s birth I had very little material things to offer him, but with William born in the USA, I got more than enough.

We didn’t have to buy anything for him because everything was given as presents from my husband’s friends and family at a baby shower. We received many gifts at the baby shower; clothing of different sizes and months, from one month to twenty-four months, bed covers, towels, bathrobe, socks, baby’s winter clothes, walker, playard, stroller, baby’s car seats, highchair, baby stroller, baby’s swing, baby monitor, baby toys, and more. He is very blessed because he is born into a family who will give him so much love.

Sebastian is a very good big brother he plays and talks with his little brother daily. We are good parents and we will protect them from any harm and prepare them for the difficult world ahead in their lives.

No comments: