Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Subtitute Teacher's First Day

Today is the first day we start to work with a subtitute teacher. Everyone in the class is very happy and excited to the new teacher.

Now everyone in class almost speak English. So, today the subtitute teacher only made one penny in the jar. it's very good because money is newcomer's blood and tear. So that we have to be very careful and control oneself. We have to obey what our teacher requirement.

I thought speaking English in the class is "Rule of thumb." Our teacher has made "The big mouth jar" about several months already. We almost had used to speak English in the class now. I think nobody wants to spend that money anymore.

I left early today so, I asked Peter to give me the grammar sheet. He gave me right away both of the grammar sheets. He is indeed very nice teacher. My hope has come true now.

2 comments:

Richard Blum said...

Have you heard these proverbs?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

A penny saved is a penny earned.

Penny wise and pound foolish.

or

A penny a day keeps the teacher in hay.

Cam Hong said...

Hi, teacher,

I don't understand these two sentences:
Penny wise and pound foolish.
A penny a day keeps the teacher in hay.
Could you explain for me?
Thank you!