Saturday, July 15, 2006

Help Me to Say Thank You!

On Thursday our teacher was absent, so, Miss Ellen was our substitute teacher. At the end of the class, I asked Ellen to explain the meaning of this sentence, "I'm too old to know everything." She wasn't quite sure that she understood my question.

The next morning, I drove my car to school. While I was parking my car, (it was across street from the parking lot of our school) Ellen saw me and she crossed the street to greet me. She said, "Oh, now I understand the sentence that you asked me yesterday." Then, she explained the meaning of that sentence to me clearly. There were some words I didn't understand so she tried to explain it to me another way. She is the most enthusiastic teacher that I have ever seen.

Ellen has taught me only two times when my teacher was absent, but I feel as if she is full of enthusiasm for her students.

We both were in a hurry, so I forgot to say "Thank you" to her the help she had given me.

If anyone sees Ellen, please help me to say "Thank you very much!"

2 comments:

Richard Blum said...

What does it mean?

Have you got it now?

Cam Hong said...

Hi, teacher,
This sentence is kind of joke, so the meaning is:
It look as if I have enough wisdom to understand, but in fact I am not.
Is it correct?