Friday, October 03, 2008

From Mexico to California

I came to California from Sonora, Mexico two months ago with my young sister. I came because I wanted to improve my English skills and study marketing.
I liked living in Mexico because people from there are friendly, yet I love California's buildings, weather and scenery. People from California are friendly too, but I still miss my old friends and relatives from Mexico.
My life is different now. In Mexico I used to help in my parents' restaurant, go to high school, and also I used to go out every weekend. Now, i'm going to college and to an adult school near my house. I can't go out every weekend, because now I have many responsibilities.
I have been here for a short time, but I made a lot of international friends. I learned new cultures, tasted different kinds of food and learned new words from another languages.
My goal is to improve my English and speak it very well, so I can study at an university. To reach this goal, I have to go to school every day and put all my efforts into earning better grades!

No comments: