Sunday, October 05, 2008

from China to Oakland

From China to Oakland
Three months ago, I came to Oakland from Guangdong in China with my family. In order to reunite with my grandmother, so we had to immigrate to the United States. This change gives me more challenge in my daily life. Oakland feels different than China.
Compared with China, it makes me disappointed and makes me feel bad. In China, I felt much happier than in Oakland. I used to spend happy hours with my classmates each month. It was safe no matter how late we played. In Oakland, where the crime rate is booming, we have to go at home in the evening to get away from the danger zone. I feel bad that I dropped out of college in China. I had to look for jobs and eke out my livelihood. But I shouldn’t be too pessimistic, there are many opportunities here for me to seek. I should take advantage of all the social resources.
Even so, I must feel at home wherever I am, I need to set goals for me----to improve my English and make my life go smoothly.

No comments: