Monday, January 22, 2007

My tenth Essay

LLast Sunday, my son told me he saw many pictures of our class taken on the last day of school of the year 2006. It was on our teacher, Mr. Richard’s, blog. Some pictures were taken in front of school. Some pictures were taken in the classroom. Some pictures were taken in the restaurant, “Lien Hung”, to celebrate the holiday.

My son asked me why each classmate stood up in the restaurant, and why only seven of my classmates got a certificate, but not the rest of us. My son’s most important question was why I didn’t get one.

I told him, in the restaurant, my teacher said every classmate had to stand up to make a wish for the New Year in English, but a wish couldn’t be said twice. I told my son that was a little unfair between the first classmate and the last classmate because the first classmate had many good wishes to say without thinking. For the last classmate, almost all the good wishes had been said by the classmates before him. Unfortunately, I was the last person to make a wish. My son asked me what wish I said. I said I wished that all of my classmates would get a certificate next celebration.

Then, I told my son how to get a certificate. It was required that every classmate write seven essays on the blog before the last day of year 2006, or write ten essays before January 31, 2007. I only wrote four essays before the last day of the year 2006. I told my son that I thought the important thing was how much English I understand. My son was unhappy, and he told me sometime a certificate could help me to find a better job.

I told my son I still had one month to earn the certificate. I was determined to get it and today I have done it.

This is my tenth essay, but I think my English good enough yet. I have to spend more time studying English.

2 comments:

Richard Blum said...

Last Sunday, my son told me he saw many pictures of our class took at the last day in the school of the year 2006. It was on our teacher, Mr. Richard’s blog. Some pictures took in front of school. Some pictures took in the class. Some pictures took in the restaurant, “Lien Hung”, to celebrate the holiday.
My son asked me why each classmate stands up in the restaurant, and why only seven of my classmate got the certificate, but not the rest of us. The important was why I didn’t have it.
I told him, in the restaurant, my teacher said every classmate had to stand up to said a wish for the New Year in English, but any wish couldn’t say twice. I told my son that was a little unfair between the first classmate and the last classmate because the first classmate had many good wish to say without thinking. For the last classmate, almost all the good wish had said from the classmate before him. Unfortunately, I was the last person. My son asked me what wish I said. I said I wish all of my classmates will get the certificate next celebration.
Then, I told my son how to get a certificate. It was requested every classmate had written seven essays on the blog before the last day of year 2006, or had written ten essays before Janurary 31, 2007. I only wrote four essays before the last day of year 2006, and I told him I thought the important was how many English I understand. My son was unhappy, and he told me sometime a certificate can help me to find a better job.
I told my son I still had a chance about one month. I will try to get it and today I have done it.
This is my tenth essay, but I think my English isn’t enough in my life. I have to spend more time to study English.

Cam Hong said...

Hi, Hung Vi,\

This is not your tenth essay. You have to write four more essays to make your son happy. This is winter semeter. Everything has to start again.