Saturday, January 27, 2007

Elevator

Kieu Banh
Elevator

It was a rainy day. I had an appointment to see the dentist. When I got to the dentist’s building, I saw a young guy and a woman waiting for the elevator. An older African American man walked in. He was holding an umbrella and a suitcase. He said to us, “You are so beautiful.” I didn’t know who he was talking to.
We all got in the elevator together. I pressed the 5th floor. I stood next to the young guy .The African-American man said to the young guy, “Your mother is very pretty.” The young guy replied, "She is not my mom.”

The older man looked at me said again and said, “You are so beautiful.” I felt embarrassed because I didn’t feel the same way about myself.


The door opened and everyone got out. I realized it was the 4th floor. So I went back into the elevator. While the door was closing, the man stuck his umbrella between the doors. He got inside the elevator. He started pointing at me and smiled evilly. I was really frightened. I didn’t know what would happen.

Luckily the door opened and- I rushed out. He still followed me into the dentist’s office. He looked around for a few minutes then he went away.


Even now, I don’t dare take the elevator alone. I prefer to walk up the stair rather than take the elevator.

2 comments:

Cam Hong said...

Hi, Kieu,

Thank you for telling us. Now I have to pay more attention the people who take elevators.

If in the elevator is so quiet, I had better wall than take it.

Richard Blum said...

Elevator

Kieu Banh
Elevator

It was a raining day. I had an appointment to see the dentist. When I got there, I saw a young guy and a women waiting for the elevator. An African American man walked in. He was holding an umbrella and a suitcase. He said to us, “You are so beautiful.” I didn’t know who he was talking to.
We all went in the elevator together. I pressed 5th floor. I stood next to the young guy .The man said to the young guy, “Your mother is very pretty.” He replied, "She is not my mom.” The man look at me said again, “You are so beautiful.” I felt embarrassed because I didn’t feel the same way about myself.
The door opened and everyone got out. I realized it was the 4th floor. So I went back into the elevator. While the door was closing, the man stuck his umbrella between the doors. He went inside the elevator. He started pointing at me and smiled evilly. I was really frightened. I didn’t know what would happen. Luckily the door opened, I rushed out. He still followed me into the dentist. He looked around for a few minutes then He went away.
From now, I don’t dare take the elevator alone. I prefer to walk the stair rather than take the elevator.