Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Foolish Man

There once was a foolish man. His name was Ahmed.


Ahmed worked in a store. Ahmed wasn't a smart man, he was also a coward.

One day he went out and he saw a fat man carrying a guitar.


Ahmed wasn't too smart so he thought the guitar was a big knife.

He said to himself, ''This man lives in town and I am working in the store maybe someday in the future he is going to go to the store and kill me. I have to do something to protect myself.''

He went back to the store and took all the money and he also took a knife to protect himself. He wrote a letter to the owner of the store.


He wrote, ''I am going to go home. Don't follow me. If you follow me I will kill you.''

When he arrived home, he said to his wife, ''Today, somebody tried to kill me. Maybe that person is going to follow me here. You have to listen to me carefully. I am going to hide under the bed. If anybody comes to house, and asks you where your husband is, tell them that I am dead.”

“If he asks you when I died, tell him that I died yesterday. I am going to listen to you so don't make any mistakes!''

His wife said, “OK.”


After a while, two men knocked on Ahmed's door. His wife opened the door.


The men asked, “Where is your husband?”

She answered, “He is dead.”

The men asked, “When did he die?”

She said, “The day before yesterday.''

When Ahmed heard her say “The day before yesterday” he yelled and said ''No! No! Say yesterday Say yesterday''


Then the men heard him and came into the room but Ahmed killed his self with the knife before the men could reach him.

Before he died, he said, ''A coward dies twice.''



By:Sadia Nur.

2 comments:

Richard Blum said...

There was a foolish man.His name was Ahmed.
Ahmed was working in a store. Ahmed wasn't a smart man, he also was timid man

One day he went out then he saw a fat man curring a guitar.
Ahmed wasn't so smart then he thought the guitar was a big knife.

Then he said to him self ''This man lives in town and I am working in the store maybe someday in the future he is going to go to the store and kill you, you have to do something to protect your self''

He went back to the store and took all the money. He wrote a letter to the owner.
He said '' I am going to go my home don't follow me, If you follow me I will kill you''

When he came his home, he said to his wife '' today somebody tried to kill me Know that maybe he followed me you have to listen to me carefully I am going to hide under the bed. If somebody comes in to the home, and says to you where is your husband say to that person he died.''
''When he say to you when? say yesterday I am going to listen to you don't make any mistake'' she said OK.
After a while two men knocked Ahmed's door, his wife opened the door
'They said to her where is your husband? she said to them he died They said when? she said before yesterday''

When Ahmed heard she said before yesterday he yelled and said '' Say yesterday Say yesterday''
Then the men heard and came into the room but Ahmed killed his self with knife before the men come in to the room before he die he said '' The timid person died two time.''

By:Sadia Nur.

Richard Blum said...

A brave man dies but once. A coward dies a thousand times.