Sunday, November 12, 2006

Strange Land

Hi ! classmates,


You and I are immigrants. We are from many different countries. We came to America to live. I don't know how you felt, but for me those first days were very difficult.


Seven years ago, I left Viet Nam. I came to America to live, because my husband was living in Oakland. He wanted to bring me and our three years old daughter to this city to live together.


I remember the first few days when I came here. Everything was so strange to me. I couldn't go to sleep because the time here is different than there.


I stayed at home. I was very afraid to go out. That's easy to understand because I didn't know the way and my English was poor, too.


I wanted to go to English school, but I had to take care of my daughter. I was very weary. At that time, I missed my parents and the rest of my family in Vietnam. I missed many things from my country. I would have gone back to my country if I had had a choice .


Now , it 's a different story. My kids go to school. I have a little free time to go to English class. I also have a part time job, too. I'm busy now. I don't have time to think about coming back to my country or not.

No comments: