Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Special Day

Last Friday, I was absent because I went to a hospital with my aunt in Berkerly. My aunt is pregnant now, but the doctor in Chinatown could not make sure whether the baby has heartbeat or not, so they asked my aunt to go to the big hospital in Berkerly. When we got there, it only took us 20 minutes to wait for the doctor. We got into the room, the doctor asked my aunt to lay on the bed and closed to her. My aunt's English is not very well, so she said to the doctor," Can you speak Chinese?" The doctor said," I can't." "Can you speak English?" the doctor asked me. I said," No." Because we knew there is a Chinese staff there, and we thought if we said we could not speak English, the doctor would ask the Chinese staff to help us, but she didn't do that. After that, she started to check the baby. I thought maybe she got mad because no smile on her face, and she didn't say anything to us even one word during she checked the baby. I was afraid because I didn't know whether she got mad or the baby was not very well. After she checked the baby. She walked out with a paper and said," Wait for me here, I'll be back." We thought she was going to ask the Chinese staff to tell us something about the baby, but she came back alone. She looked at us and said," I think the baby is ok, you can leave now." After she said the baby is ok, we were very happy, because we love baby very much. We all look forward to this new baby born.

No comments: