Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Try To Write Some Sentences.

I will try to write some sentences with “unless”, “as long as”, “provided” and “providing”. I hope our teacher and classmates will give me your valuable corrections.

Thank you.

I’m going to play soccer tomorrow unless it rains.

(Looks good to me.)


I’m going to play soccer tomorrow provided it is not raining.

(Still good)


The Fox team can win the champion as long as their team finishes the last competition.

(Not so good but we can fix it.

The Fox racing team can win the championship for this year as long as their team wins the final race of the year.)


The Fox racing team will win this year’s championship unless they lose the last race of the season.

(OK)


Providing their team wins the final race of the season, they will win the championship this year.

(OK)

(All the the rest are also OK.)

We’ll achieve our goals unless we are lazy.

We’ll achieve our goals as long as we study according to the plan.


We’re going to eat out tonight unless it rains.

She can catch the bus as long as she leaves home early in the morning.

They’ll arrive here on time provided the traffic is not too bad.

He’ll go to the concert provided the ticket is free.

No comments: