Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Opinion

I have studied English at this school for several years. My English is better than before, but I am weakest at listening and speaking. I think this is a problem for most adult immigrants especially those from Asia.
I want to talk to my neighbors and my classmates. When I ask a clerk who works in a hardware store for help, I don't know how to express my meaning. Specifically, when they answer or ask me some questions, I don't understand what they are talking about and it is embarrassing. I think it is because of not having enough practice in listening and speaking. I know many students in our school hope to fully participate in American society as soon as possible. So, I hope that our school and teachers will give us more practice in listening and speaking.

I am very glad that I study in the Advanced Low class now. Our teacher, Richard Blum, has arranged more listening, speaking and writing for our class.

No comments: