Monday, January 23, 2006

My Home Town, Oakland

United States. Many people say this is a bad city because there are gang fights, robberies and drug selling in some areas. I think this happens in other cities, also. I would rather look at the bright side.

Oakland is more than one hundred years old. It is the capital of Alameda County. There are many interesting historic buildings. One of them is the Oakland Museum. Lake Merritt is a good sight seeing are. Furthermore, the city has a wonderful transportation system includes BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit), the Bay Bridge, the Port of Oakland and the Oakland International Airport.

I think that not too many cities can compare favorably with Oakland.

I live close to our school. I enjoy living right here because of its convenience. There are many different kinds of shops and restaurants that you can choose from. That is why I am content with my new hometown.

No comments: