Saturday, April 07, 2007

A Strand Of Keys

My youngest son came back home after work one evening near the end of last year. He opened the front door and came into the living room. He picked up something from under the coffee table and went out quickly. I wondered what happened to my younger son. I went out after him.


When I opened the door, I saw my neighbor, Mrs. Mohammad, her two young daughters and my son. They were looking for something around the bushes in front of my opposite neighbor’s house.

Mrs. Mohammad and her two daughters looked anxious. My son told me that they were looking for their keys.

Mrs.Mohammad’s two daughters had been playing in the street when their mother asked for the key to the her front door. The oldest daughter threw a strand of keys to her mother. Unfortunately, the keys flew over the bushes then dropped somewhere. They could not find the keys.

At that time, my son had just arrived home and saw what happened. He wanted to help them, so he took the flashlight from under the coffee table to help them look for the missing keys.

Once I understood what was happening, I took out two big flashlights and joined them.


We checked the bushes from top to bottom, one by one. We could not find the keys. It was getting darker. Mrs. Mohammad said, “It is difficult to find them. Please don’t worry about them now. Thank you for your help.” She returned home to cook dinner.


Before we gave up looking, the older sister saw the keys lying on the ground between the post of the house and a bush. She picked up the keys, raised them over her head and shouted, “Mama, I got them!” Then, she and her sister rushed into their house to show their mom.


Although my son and I did not find the keys ourselves, we felt happy, because we had helped our neighbors.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

My younger son came back home after work in an evening near the end of last year. He opened the front door and came into the living room. He took out something under the coffee table and went out quickly. I wondered what happened to my younger son. I went out afterward.
When I opened the door, I saw that my neighbor, Mrs. Mohammad, her two young daughters and my son were looking for something around the bushes which were planted in front of my opposite neighbor’s house. Mrs. Mohammad and her two daughters were anxious. My son told me that when Mrs.Mohammad’s two daughters were playing in the street between my house and opposite house, their mother came out from their house and asked them to take back the keys of the door. The elder daughter threw a strand of keys to her mother. Unfortunately, the keys flied over the bushes then dropped into somewhere. But they could not find out the keys. In that time, my son just came home and knew what happened to them. He liked to help them. So he took a flash from the coffee table to joint them. After knowing that, I also took out two big flashes from home to joint together.
We checked bushes from top to bottom one by one. But we could not find the keys. It was getting dark. Mrs. Mohammad said, “It is difficult to find them. Please don’t find then again. Thank you for your help.” Then she returned home to cook dinner.
Before we gave up finding, the older sister saw the keys were lying on the ground between the post of the house and the bush. She raised the keys and shouted, “Mama, I get it.” and rushed into their house with her younger sister.
Although my younger son and I did not find out the keys by ourselves, we felt happy, because we had helped my neighbor to do something.