Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Frustated Examination

Hi there!

I am going to take a few minutes of your time, and I will talk to you about an examination that I have never had.

Well, I still thinking about to leave my actual job. One of the reasons is: I am unhappy with him. I think you are asking to yourself WHY? No class?
I will give you a quickly answer right now: I am unhappy with him, because this is a hard job, I do not want to continue working at nights and I need to go ahead and reach my goals.

O.K. Class, talking about the interview, In January ( this past January) I applied on line for a job at the Alameda County web site.
By February, when I did not have hopes to get the job, I received a letter , and SURPRISE CLASS!! it was a letter from the Alameda County Social Services. They have been approved my application.

Everything was going well at that time, I was happy because they could give me the job, but I was nerves for my English skills too. But I was just waiting for the appointment that they gave me.

I have been applied for a Social Worker Child Welfare position, and I was happy because I have never thought about to reach and pass the first step: THEY REVIEWED MY APPLICATION, AND APPROVED IT FOR THE NEXT STEPS ( and one of the next steps was an examination)

Sometimes, we do not see clear somethings that are obviously clear. The examination day, I was mad with myself, but at the same time, I was laughing of myself. Why? well, for the simple reason that I was not intelligent.

I say I was not intelligent, because when I went to the office to get the examination, I arrived on time, I was wearing for the occasion, I had my transcripts with me ( because they were asking for my transcripts too) and finally, I thought, I had everything in order. But I made a big mistake: They were asking me for my transcripts in English, and I had them with me but in their original version, in Spanish. And how you know, we are in United States, and logically, they could be asking for a translation of them in English.

I felt terrible, when the person who was ready to give me the examination, told me: I am so sorry Mrs. Lopez, But you can not get the examination today, because we need a translation or an equivalence of your transcripts and your diploma first. She gave me some web pages and told me that I will need to apply with them for the evaluation of my transcripts.

Oh my God! I was really sad and mad with myself that day.

At the moment, I still waiting to get the application and send everything to one of that institutions, and after I will need to take some courses to finally get the evaluation.

And that is the big reason because I lost the examination.

I think I was not ready to take it, and I hope to get the job in the future. And I will always say, that the better way to reach our goals, is being optimistic, and do not dishearten although the doors close. We could be lucky some day, and find one of this doors open.

Day by day we learn of our mistakes, and in this matter, I learned a lot.
An advise class: always, when you fill out an application, and if they call you for an interview or an examination, do not forget about to ask for everything, until it is clear in your mind.

No comments: