Friday, February 23, 2007

Nervous

Since I had passed the written test of driving, I looked for and found a driving coach to train me. After two weeks and eight hours of training, I had enough confidence to take the driving test.

My coach’s name was Tony and he is Chinese. I remember what he talked about the day before my driving test. He told me that “your driving skills and safety consciousness is good and you should pass the driving test easily.”

At that moment, I was confident and felt happy about his comment.

I replied, “Of course, I had about ten years driving experience in Hong Kong, so it is no problem for me to pass the driving test. I also have a plan to invite my family to dinner in a Japanese restaurant to celebrate that I will be a qualified driver in California.”

Tony replied, “I think you won’t have any trouble.”

The DMV arranged for me to take the test at 8:00 am on Friday. On that day, I woke up at 6:30 am and had breakfast. I was ready and left my home at 7:00 am. I had about one hour to get to the DMV. I arrived there early because the traffic situation was good. At that moment , I had a strange feeling. I felt a great pressure. I don’t know why, but I knew then that this feeling would impact my performance on the driving test. I tried to do something to calm me down. I was praying and singing songs to help me relax but nothing helped.

I was shaky when I sat in the car to start the driving test. At the beginning, the examiner asked me to demonstrate the hand signals. I did this quickly, and then, I drove my car away from the DMV. I drove for about 7 minutes and everything was ok. Suddenly, the examiner asked me “to pull the car to right side and back up.” I did what she had asked. After that, I started to drive back to the DMV when I suddenly realized that something was wrong. I looked at the examiner anxiously. I found that she was looking at me, too.

She said, “ You have failed the driving test, because you forgot to release the hand brake while driving. That is a big mistake!”

I drove the car to come back DMV and Tony met me. He was very surprised and said, “ Why did you come back so quickly?”

I was embarrassed and said, “ I failed the driving test and the reason was nerves.”

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Since I was passed the written test of driving. I was looked for driving coach to train my driving skill. After two weeks, I have been trained for eight hours, so I have confidence to take the driving test on Friday. My coach’s name is Tony and he is a Chinese. I remembered that what was he talking about to me before one day of the driving test. He told me that “your driving skill and safety conscious is well and will be qualified in driving test” At that moment, I was deeply agreed and feel happy about his comment. So I reply “ Of course, I had about ten years driving experience in Hong Kong so it is no problem to me for get the driver license. I also have a plan to invite my family to dinner in Japan restaurant for celebrate that I will be a qualified driver of C.A”. Tony was reply” I think so, if you can kept the performance during driving test.”

DMV was arranged me to attend the test on 8:00 am on Friday. On that day, I was wake up at 6:30 am and having breakfast. I was ready everything and leave my home at 7:00 am. I have about an one hour to get the DMV. I was arrived there early because the traffic situation is good. At that moment , I had a stranger feeling while I was waiting to join the test. I was feel a great pressure. I don’t why but I knew which will impact my performance in driving test. So, I try to do something can made me clam down. I was pray and sings song to allow me relax but it is not useful.

I was shaky when I seated on the car to start the driving test. At the beginning, the examiner ask me to finish some driving action depended on her order. I also can finished it fast. And then, I drove my car to go away the DMV. When I was drove the car to go for 7 minutes and everything is ok. Suddenly, the examiner asked me “to pull the car to right side and back up”. I was take action as soon. When I was finished the action and start drove the car to come back DMV. I suddenly realized that it has something wrong. When I looked at the examiner with a bit of anxious. I found that she was looking me too and said “ you had been fail the driving test. Because you are forget to release the hand brake during driving. It is a big mistake!”

When I drove the car to come back DMV and Tony was saw me. He was very surprise. and said “ Why did you come back so early ?” I was embarrass and said “ I was fail the driving test and the reason is nervous.”