Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy Childhood

I was born in a small village. A small river flowed alongside my hometown. Near the river, there was a huge and beautiful beach. The river and the beach gave me a lot of fun.

Every summer in my childhood, my friends and I went to the beach. We swam, played ball, ran and other games.

I forgot what age I was, maybe 9, maybe 10. One day, we found a few dead bamboo trunks that were left on the ground, then we put the bamboo trunks together and tied them with a thick cord. That was our boat. Together, we pulled the boat toward the river. While we were pulling it, some kids fell down, some kids lost their shoes, and we also sweated a lot. However, the boat was moved into the river.

All of us sat on the boat. We used our hands as oars to row the boat. The boat was moving, and we were laughing.

Suddenly, a kid fell down into the water. We hurried to save him. Another kid jumped into the water. He wanted to save his friend. The other kids stretched out their hands. They wanted to pull him up.

Finally, we all fell down into the water. We screamed and laughed. Although we all got soaked, we still felt happy.

I also remember one day when my friends and I cooked eggs on the beach. We were walking on the beach when we felt that the sand was very hot. One of my friends suggested to boil eggs by using the heat of the sand. We got some eggs from home and then shoveled a pile of sand over the eggs. After an hour, we took out the eggs, knocked the eggshells off and we saw the that while the whites of the eggs had congealed a little but the yolks were still raw.

Ha! These were some of the many anecdotes that had happened in my childhood. Those days were so hilarious and happy!

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

I was bornin a small village. A small river was around my hometown. Near the river, there was a huge and beautiful beach. The river and the beach gave me a lot of fun. Every summer in my childhood,my friends and I went to the beach. We swam, played game, ran etc. I forgot what age I was,maybe 9, maybe 10. One day, we found a few dead bamboo trunk that was left on the ground, then we put the bamboo trunk together and tied them by a thick cord. That was our boat. We together pulled the boat toward the river.When we were pulling it, some kids fell down, some kids lost their shoes,and we also sweat a lot. However, the boat was moved into the river.All of yssat on the boat,we used our hands as oars torow the boat. The boat was woving, and we were laughing. Suddenly, a kid fell down into the water,we hurried to save him. One kid jumped into the water.He wanted to push up him. The other kids stretched their hands. They Wanted to pull up him. Finally, we all fell down into the water. We screamed and laughed. Although we all got soaked, we still felf happy. I still remmer, my friends and I had ever cooked eggs on the beach. One day, we walked on the beach, we felf the sand was so hot. One of my friend suggested to boil eggs by using the heat of the sand. We got some eggs from home, and then shoveled pile of sand over the eggs. After an hour, we took out the eggs,knocked the eggshells, we saw the egg while of the eggs which congealed a little, the yolks were still raw. Ha, these were some of the many anecdofes that had happened in my childhood. That was so lilarious and happy..