Wednesday, February 28, 2007

DoDo's Story


Today I want to write a story about my dog. Dogs have been a good friend to man for a long time. My family always kept a pet and dogs were our first choice. Since I was a child, we always have had a dog living with us in our house.



About thirteen years ago, according to Chinese custom., it was the Year of the Dog. A lot of Chinese people boutght dogs to celebrate the coming New Year because they believed that dogs would bring good luck and fortune during this Year of the Dog.

During the New Year holidays, I went dancing with two girlfriends named Ashin and Ayin. When I felt tired after dancing, I sat to wait for my friends who were still dancing. Suddenly, I felt something behind me on the chair. I turned my head and I saw a beautiful puppy. After a short while, its master returned from the dance floor. Ayin knew him. His name was Amin.

He said, "The dog's name is DoDo. Her mother gave birth to four puppies a few months ago. The other dogs have all been sold. I just kept her."

I asked him curiously, "Why did you just keep her?"

He said, "Because she is my girlfriend's favorite puppy. "

Ashin said, "If I want to buy her, can your girlfriend be persuaded to sell the puppy?"

He thought a while and answered, "If I sold the puppy, my girlfriend would kill me!"

We all laughed loudly. Ashin tried again, "You don't need to worry about that. DoDo's mother will give birth to other puppies soon and you will make more money if you sell DoDo now."

Finally, he agreed to sell the puppy to my friend, Ashin. We were very excited. We brought DoDo home together.

When we arrived in front of my house, Ashin said to me," Can you do me a favor?"

I said," What is the matter?"

She answered. "My mother-in-law will be very angry when she learns that I brought a new puppy home because we already have two dogs."

I looked at DoDo. She was so quiet like a baby hiding in her new master's arms.

I said, "I need to ponder this a while. The puppy will be very expensive. I am worried if I will be able to take good care of her."

But Ashin continued to ask me again and again.

"Please, just keep her a few days. I will pick her up when my mother-in-law agrees that DoDo can come to my home. I know you will do your best to take care of her."

For that reason, DoDo stayed at my house.

Since that day, I have taken care of about twenty dogs - DoDo and her children and her grand children ....

1 comment:

Cam Hong said...

Hi, Mei Mei,

How cute your Do Do!