Monday, February 12, 2007

My Daughter’s Computer Teacher

Last Sunday, I took my daughter to Bret Harte Middle School to learn Mandarin. I volunteered for two hours. I helped the teacher make copies of the lesson, erase the whiteboard and helped pass out work to the students.


The Chinese teacher taught the class just like my English teacher does. The students had to give an oral presentation about any topic. My daughter told about her computer teacher.


In February, all the ninth graders change their schedules. If you have health class, you might change to a computer class. The first day, my daughter came to her computer class, she said, “How are you, teacher?” but the teacher said very loudly, “Don’t say how you are to me. Can’t you see the words on the whiteboard? It says ‘No talking!” .

Then the teacher started to talk herself.
The teacher gave an assignment to the students. After everyone finished it, one student told the teacher, “We’re all finished.”

The teacher said, “How would you know? I’m the teacher, if I say you guys are done, then you guys are done.”

The student yelled at the teacher. “You are crazy, you should go to the mental hospital.”

The teacher was very angry and said, “If anyone agrees with what he said, please leave right now.”

Half of the students went out.


My daughter remained in her seat because she doesn’t want to give bad impression to her teacher .She felt the teacher was very unfriendly.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Kieu Banh
My daughter’s teacher
Last Sunday, I took my daughter to Bret Harte Middle school to learn mandarin. I volunteer for two hours. I help the teacher make copy of the lesson, erase the whiteboard and helped past out work.
The Chinese teacher taught the way just it like my English teacher. They had to have oral presentation about any topic. My daughter told about her Computer teacher.
On February, All the nine grader change their schedule. If you have health class, you would change to computer class. The first day my daughter came to her computer class, she said, “How are you teacher?” but the teacher said very loudly, “Don’t say how you are to me. Can’t you see the words on the whiteboard? It says No taking” .Then the teacher started to talk to herself.
The teacher gave an assignment to students. Everyone finished it. So one student told the teacher, “We’re all finished.” The teacher said, “How would you know? I’m the teacher, if I say you guys done then you guys are done.” The student yelled at the teacher. “You are crazy, you should go to the mental hospital.” She was very angry and said, “If anyone agrees with what he said, please leave right now.” Half of the students went out.
My daughter remained in her seat because she doesn’t want to give bad impression to her teacher .She felt the teacher very unfriendly.