Monday, September 17, 2007

My first job in Qing-Dao

I graduated from Ji-Lin University in 1955. I was assigned to Sun-Dong University in Qing-Dao. I took a train to Qing-Dao alone. When I arrived at the school, I took a letter of introduction to the teaching affairs office, then I went to mathematics’ office.


After a few days, I became a professor’s assistant. I listened to the professor’s course. Then I taught a math practices course. The first time I taught the course, I was nervous, because I was so short. I needed to write some questions on the blackboard. I had to stand on tip toes and stretch my arm to reach the blackboard. I corrected students’ homework. After a couple of years, I taught a course in basic math for two years.


The first year, I got wage ¥47(yuan) for a month. The second year, I got to raise to ¥55 (yuan). I was very happy.


In 1958 Sun-Dong university separated into two parts. One part moved to Ji-Nan, It is called Sun-Dong University. The other part is called Ocean University in Qing-Dao. I stayed at Ocean University. Now it is called China Ocean University.


meifang

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

I graduated from Ji-lin university in 1955. I assigned to sun-Dong university in Qing-Dao. I took train to Qing-Dao a lone. I arrived at school. I took a letter of introduction to teaching affairs office, then I went to mathematics’ office.
After a few day, I became a professor’s assistant, I listened a professor’s course. Then I taught a math practice’s course. The first time course, I was nervous, because I was a short, I wrote some question on blackboard, I needed lift my hand and my heel. I correted students homework. Affer two years, I taught a bass of math for two years.
The first year, I got wage ¥47(yuan) for a month, the second year, I got to raise ¥55 (yuan). Was very happy.
In 1958 Sun-Dong university separated two part, one part moved to Ji-Nan, It called Sun-Dong university,other part called ocean University in Qing-Dao I still stayed in Ocean university. Now it called China Ocean University.