Monday, December 11, 2006

Talking To My Supervior In English

Last Friday was the my day off . As usual, at 4:45 pm I was watching TV at home. The telephone rang. I turned off the TV and went to pick up the telephone, but when I heard the sound on the other end I was worried. I recognized the voice was my supervisor. I thought maybe I made a mistake last week and he was calling me to complain.


When I talked to my supervisor, I found out that he just called to ask me to work overtime, not to complain about any mistake. I asked my supervisor, why he didn't call me earlier. because it was 5 o'clock ,and I hadn’t eaten dinner yet. How could I get to work by 5 o'clock?


Then my supervisor told me that one of my co -workers just called sick at 4:30, and he hadn’t known my telephone number .He had to check in the computer, so he was a little late. And he told me not to worry about being late. I could come in at 6 o'clock.


I was very happy because this was the first conversation I had in English on the telephone and I could understand it one hurdered percent! I hope I can understand all my conversations in English in the future. I know this is only my dream and goal.

2 comments:

Richard Blum said...

Last Friday ,was the day I off ,as usual . At 4:45pm I was watching T.V at home .The telephone rang .I turned of the T.V and went to pick up the telephone ,but when I heard the sound on the other end I was worried . Because I recognized the sound was my supervisor .I thought may be I make a mistake lastweek .He called me to complain .
When I talked to my supervios .I known he just called me to work overtime ,not to complain about my mistake . I ask my supervior .Why he didn't call me earlier ,because it was 5 o'clock ,and I didn't it dinner and didn't prepare .How I could on time at 5 o'clock .
Then my superviorto told me because oneof my co -workers just called sick at 4:30,and he didn't known my telephone number .He had to check in the computer ,so it was a little late .And he told me didn't worry about late. I could come at 6 o'clock .
I was very happy ,because this was the first conversation I talked with English .And I could one hurdered percent to understand it.I hope I can understand all my conversation with English in the future . And I known it is only my dream or idealist .

Cam Hong said...

Hi, Hung ,

Aha! You was very good. You could understand 100% in English.

Congratulation!

I have the same with your dream!