Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Problem

A couple of weeks before my daughter was ten years old, she gave me a paper from her school. It said, "Your daughter’s eyes have a problem and she can’t see clearly, so you have to take her to the doctor to check her eyes."


One day later, my husband made an appointment for her on the next Friday. That Friday I was working, so my husband took her to Kaiser Hospital because our insurance was in there. My husband paid $30 for an appointment.


A doctor checked my daughter's eyes and he told my husband that my daughter needs to wear glasses, but we had to pay for the glasses because our insurance company didn’t cover that.

My husband called and told me about that on the phone. I was very surprised to hear that, so I told him to go home and I would find another place.


After two days, I found a glasses shop on International and 6th Avenue. I went and asked for some information and then I showed our insurance policy. The doctor told me that our insurance is very good. So the check up was free. Then the seller explained to me that if my daughter chose glasses worth less than $200, they would be free. But my daughter chose glasses for $380, so I paid $180 to the shop because it was over the coverage of our insurance company.


The doctor also gave me some information. She said, "Your daughter can go to a check up every year for free but the glasses are just free every two years." So we went home, and my daughter was very happy. Now I think the problem was with Kaiser. It was not our insurance company. I don't like Kaiser but I have to go there sometimes.


1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

A couple of weeks before my daughter was ten years old. She gave me a paper from her school. It said, "Your daughter eyes has a problem and she couldn't see clearly so, you have to take her to the doctor to check her eyes " .
One day later, my husband made an appointment for her on the next Friday. That Friday I was working so, my husband took her to Kaiser hospital because our insurance was in there. There my husband paid $30 for an appoitment.
Then a doctor checked my daughter's eyes and he told my husband that my daughter needs to wear glasses but, we must pay money for the glasses because our insurance company doesn't cover for that. Then my husband called and told me about that on the phone. I was very surprise to hear that, so I told him to go home and I will find an other place .
Ater two days, I found out the glasses shop on International and 6Th AVE. I came and asked some informations, then I showed our insurance. The doctor told that our insurance is very good. So the check up was free. Then the seller explained to me if my daughter took a glasses less than $200, it is free. But my daughter took a glasses for $380, so I paid $180 for the shop because it had over cover to insurance company.
And the doctor also gave me some informations. She said, " Your daughter can go to a check up every year for free but the glasses just free every two years " . So we went home, and my daughter was very happy. Now I think the problem that it was Kaiser. It's not our insurance company. I don't like Kaiser but I have to go there, sometims.