Monday, December 11, 2006

Favorite Holiday

When I was living in Viet Nam, my favorite holiday was the Viet Nam New Year. It was a lot of fun.


One week before New Year, everyone was very busy. Some people needed to clean their houses and some enjoyed going to the flea market to buy some stuff that they needed to decorate their houses before New Year arrived.


Anyway, I loved the flower flea market the most. It was very crowded with people. They sold many kinds of flowers for three nights. The customers never forgot to buy some red lucky envelopes that were special for the children.


But now, that I am living in America, maybe Christmas is my favorite holiday. After Thanksgiving. everywhere you go you see stores selling stuff for Christmas and a lot of Christmas trees.


Some people decorate their houses and their front yard with lights. It's very beautiful. But in America, they don't have any flea market at night and people are busy with their jobs. They just stay home with no where to go. Anyway, I still miss New Year in my country very much.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

When I was living in Viet Nam, my favorite holiday was a Viet Nam New Year. It was very fun.
One week before New Year, everyone was very busy. Some people needed to clean their houses and some enjoyed going to the fleamarket to buy some stuff that they needed to decorate their houses before New Year was coming.
Anyway, I love flowers fleamarket the most. It was very crowded with people. They sold many kinds of flowers for three nights and they never forget to buy some red lucky envelope that was special thing for the children.
But now, I am living in America, maybe Christmas is my favorite holiday. Because after Thanksgiving when you go everywhere you see, they are selling some stuff for Christmas and a lot Christmas trees.
However, some houses get to decorate by the lights around their houses and their front yard. It's very beautiful. But here don't have any fleamarket at night and people are busy with their jobs. So they just stay home And no where to go. anyway I still miss New Year in my country very much.