Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Young Student

Every morning, before I go to adult school, I like to exercise in Clinton Park. I recognize some people. They walk through the park to go to their working places at fixed times. Some people walk around the park and some students stand around the bus stop waiting for the bus to school. I particularly noticed an old lady waiting for the bus everyday with her grandson.
She was relatively tall. Usually she wore black clothes and a light brown sun helmet. She always carried a blue back pack with a drawing of happy face on it. She carries it in her hand. The young boy came to around her belt hieght and he did not carrry anything by himself. Obviously the blue back pack belonged to the young boy.
When the bus stopped and let the passengers got on. The grandmother always let her grandson go ahead. She followed him and accompanied him to school.
One morning, I walked close to the bus stop. Suddenly I noticed a student getting on the bus and he carried a blue back pack with a yellow circular smiling head sign, but there was no grandmom following him. I thought that this student must be that boy and that the grandmother might be busy or sick. The next day, I still did not see the grandmom. The third day, the grandmom appeared beside her grandson. At that moment, I found that the young boy had come up to her shoulder.
Time is passing unconsciously. The first time I noticed them had been about three years ago. Now the boy has grown up. I hope he will not need his grandmom to accompany him going to school again.

2 comments:

Cam Hong said...

Hi, Kaiyan,
It is good story. I like the sentence at the end of this story very much. It is funny.

Richard Blum said...

Thanks for the wonderful story.

Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

See ya,