Sunday, May 14, 2006

My Mother

Today is Mother's Day. I think almost everybody celebrates Mother's Day this weekend in the United States. But I never celebrated Mother's Day with my parents and never gave a present to my mother on that day in China.

Now that I am in America , I think of my mother on the second Sunday in May. I remember when I was a child, one time my mother checked my homework after I had finished it. She ordered me to do it again as she found something wrong with my homework. After that, I was afraid my mother would check my homework and I always finished it carefully. I had to give up watching TV at night or playing games with other children except on weekends in my childhood. At that time, I didn’t like it but I had to obey my mother’s orders. However, it made me happy that my mother would cook delicious food for me.

My mother didn’t want to check my homework when I studied in Middle school. She just said to me, " You can make a mistake during your studies, but don’t make the same mistake a second time.”

She was very busy because she went to work and she had to take care of our home. I liked to turn on the TV when I came back from school . My mother found out about that very soon and she said to me, "If you want to be successful, do your homework first.”

It seemed that I had no freedom in my family. After I grew up and thought about that, I realized that is love. That is a mother’s love. I am proud that I have a great mother. She taught me a lot. I decided to celebrate Mother’s Day with my parents this year.

No comments: