Friday, February 03, 2006

I am missing adult school

Dear Teacher Richard and All

Maybe you do not remember me but I still want to apology for my disapearing.

I am now learning in Laney College and I am re-writing this Vietnamese fable on the ocasion of Vietnamese Tet holiday. I hope you will not delete my name in this blog


INTELLIGENCE OF HUMAN BEING
One day, a tiger was about to eat a buffalo. The farmer, who was also the buffalo owner, passed by and noticed the buffalo in danger. As the buffalo helped the farmer plow his land, the farmer tried to think of a way to rescue the buffalo. He begged the tiger not to eat the buffalo: "Please release my buffalo and I’ll give you my intelligence in return". The tiger was curious about "intelligence" and said to itself: "what is intelligence?, I have never seen it in this world, ok, I’ll get his intelligence then I’ll eat this stupid farmer and his buffalo". Then the tiger accepted the exchange. Pretending to gorget something, the farmer said: "Oh, I left my intelligence at home and I am afraid that while I am going back home, you’ll eat my buffalo. "Can I just tie you to a tree so that you can't eat my buffalo" he proposed. Being impatient for getting intelligence, the tiger agreed. The farmer started to tie the tiger with a rope. he go around the tree, one round, another round and another round... the tiger got tied more and more tightly. Finally, it could not move. The tiger was very angry and shouted at the farmer: "Why are you tying me so tightly? why don't you go home and get me your intelligence". The farmer bursted in to laugh: "Ha ha ha, now I am showing you my intelligence" then he set the tied tiger on fire until all the rope was burnt down and the tiger ran away with fear. Nowadays, we still see stripes on tigers' fur because their ancestor was burnt by the farmer.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Excellent!

Thanks for this wonderful story.

Now, why does the leopard have spots?