Sunday, March 09, 2008

Hi everybody after a long time!!!!!!!!

Hi teacher Richard and hi everybody at Oakland Adult School!
My name is Zonia, I hope you remember me yet. I think my whole class passed to the next level a long time ago, but I always remember all of you.

For many reasons, I had to leave school. Now, I'm working as a Spanish Teacher at a private school in Lafayette and started studying at the Phoenix University to make my dreams come true.

I love my new job, I enjoy it more than any other thing, specially for the kind of students I have in the classroom. Everyday, they make the best while trying to learn a new language, Spanish. That is the moment when I remember my best moments at Adult School, when I was trying to learn a new language, and when I got that great support from my teachers.

At this point of my life, I feel very proud of the great ESL teachers I have had at Oakland Adult School, and I feel really happy because I discovered I can write in this blog yet.

I am always thinking about all of you and I miss this school as my first school in the United States. The school that helped me to think in to grow and to defeat all the obstacles we find here as immigrants.

Next time I will post some pictures of my students, those little ones that make a big effort to learn Spanish while having fun at the classroom.

And in the future, I hope to teach Spanish at Oakland Adult School (That is one of my big challenges).

Hoping you read my post, and hoping to write more to Room101.

Truly,

Zonia Lopez.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Hi, Zonia,

I have often wondered what had become of you!

Please stay in touch.

Your fellow teacher,
Richard