Monday, December 10, 2007

American yet not

This is a old history but I would like to write about that.

Like three weeks ago I went to San Francisco with Alice because like you know a big ship wrecked in the bay bridge spilling 58,000 gallons of oil.

So, We were trying to be voluntaries to help clean the beaches but we couldn't do it because we are not American citizens. But we are not illegals here, it was frustrating. we took the training in the auditorium at the golden gate park so we could help, but they told us that we should go back home.

However, we had a good time there in SF, we took the BART and before that the MUNI (train), it was nice and we ate in a very good restaurant, was like mediterranean food. Anyways, it was a new experience.

I feel that it is dumb, because they need help but they won't take it. And that wasn't the first time that I was rejected. One time I tried to volunteer at a foster home, asylums, etc. But I was treated the same.

Well, I suppose that I'm not able to help in America. Why??? stupid american rules. That's all.

Alex

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Way cool picture.

Funny (though pathetic) story.

Hi, back at ya,
Richard