Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Warning

A Warning
by Yan Hua Yang

We learned about many kinds of crimes in the last three weeks. Some crimes were carefully planned, but sometimes people didn’t know that they were disobeying the law until a policeman gave them a warning, Once, I broke the law, but it wasn’t intentional.

Four years ago, the Beijing WuShu team came to Berkeley to perform at about 10:00 at night. After watching the performance, I drove our car to go home with my husband.

I had been driving for about five minutes when I saw a police car following us. I didn’t want the police car to follow me, so I drove slowly and turned down a side street. But the police car still followed my car. I stopped my car. The policeman came to my car, and he said “Do you have car lights?”

At that time, my English was very bad. I didn’t understand what he was saying. I thought he wanted to see my driver’s license. I gave my driver’s license to him, then I got a ticket. He told me that I had to go to court the next day in the morning. I didn’t go the next day. I was very lucky; the police man dropped my case.

I remembered this well and never broke the law again.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

A Warning

We learned many kind crimes in last three weeks. Some crimes were the people planned, but some times the people they didn’t know; they were already disobeying the law. After they got the police man a warning, I think that is good for somebody whole life. I had a broke the law experience, but I wasn’t in intentional.

Four years ago, Beijing WuShu team came to Berkeley to perform at night about10:00.after
Finishing performs, and I drove our car to go home with my husband.

I just drove five minutes; I saw a police car behead my car. I didn’t want the police car to follow me. So, drove slowly and went the side way, but the police car still followed my car. I was stopped my car, a police man came to my car, and he said “do you have car lights?”

That time my English was very badly, I didn’t know what he said. I thought he wanted to see my drive license, I gave my drive license to him, then I got a ticket, he told me I must to go to court next day in the morning. I hadn’t gone to there on next day, I was very lucky; the police man dropped my case.

I remembered well it, and never broke again.