Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hawaii





I left for our vacation in Hawaii on Wednesday. My son treated our whole family because it was my daughter's birthday.

We had to change flights. First we went to Honolulu then we switched flights and ended up in Kona. It was beautiful. The weather was a steady 84 degrees the whole trip. We could wear a t-shirt and shorts and be comfortable even at night. We stayed at the Fairmont Orchid; a four star hotel. The beach was a 2 minute walk from my hotel room.

My son taught me how to swim and we went snorkeling. We attended luaus at night and had buffet breakfast and lunches every day. One night we went out for dinner and got lost. Hawaii has no street lights or signs. We drove around for 1 hour when the restaurant was only 13 miles from our hotel. It was so scary. I thought we would never get back. Hawaii was my favorite vacation, I was sad when we left. I want to go back next year.