Wednesday, March 07, 2007

MY BROTHER-IN-LAW'S HOUSE

Last Sunday my family and I went to Los Angeles to visit my oldest brother-in-law. This may have been our last opportunity to see him, because he has had cancer for about 10 years and now he is so weak.

After an hour on the plane, we landed the airport and my niece picked us up. Then she drove us to my brother-in-law’s house. We were six people. Three of us had been to his house before, so we found it easily.


When we arrived there, we didn’t call first, because we didn’t want to bother him too much. We stood in front of his house. It is a beautiful house and my oldest sister-in-law told us that Khoa (the name of my oldest brother-in-law’s son) had just repaired the garden and the side walks a few months ago.

That is right! Because it is a new house and very beautiful. My young brother-in-law, Duc, rang the bell. which was not connected inside the house. And then he opened the gate. My sitter-in-law and I followed him. He knocked on the front door and shouted, “We are here! Please open the door!” But nobody opened the door to welcome us. Then Duc took out his phone up and called my oldest brother in law to ask him to open the door.

At that moment, my sister and I were sitting on chairs at a table and looking at the garden. It had a lot of flowers and candles. Everything was very romantic.

Suddenly we heard my sister-in-law shout; “We are at the wrong house!”

As quickly as possible, we left this house quietly. All of us thought that we were very lucky, because nobody yelled at us or called the police or shot us.

Anyway, we laughed a lot.

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

Last Sunday my family and I went to Los Angeles to visit my oldest brother in law. This is the last time we saw him. Because he has been cancer about 10 years and now his health is so weak.

During an hour on the plan we came in at the airport and my niece picked us up. Then she drove us to my brother in law house. We were six people. On of us had three people ever stayed in my oldest brother in law house that was easily to find down.

When we came there, we didn’t call first, because we didn’t want to bother him too much. We stood in font of his house. It is a beautiful house and my oldest sitter in law told us that Khoa (name of my oldest brother in law’s son) told her that he just repaired the garden and the side walks few months ago.

That right! Because it is a new house and very beautiful. My young brother in law rang the bell, which disconnected inside the house. And then he opened the gate, I and my sitter in law followed him. He knocked the door and sounded; “we are here. Pleases! Open the door” but nobody opened the door to well come us. Then he picked his phone up and called my oldest brother in law to open the door.

In that moment, I and my sitter were sitting on the chairs of the table and looked at some thing in the garden. It has a lot of flowers and candles. Everything was very romantic. Suddenly we heart my sitter in law sounded; “we are wrong house!” as soon as possible we went out this house quietly. All we thought that we were very lucky, because nobody yelled at us or called policemen or shot us. Anyway we laughed a lot.