Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I Learned My Lesson

One day when I was on my job, my sister called me to ask if I had time to go to lunch with her.

I said, "Yes."

So at lunch time, I drove on the freeway to meet my sister at a restaurant, but I never got there.

I was driving too fast, maybe about 85 miles an hour. A policeman saw that I was driving over the speed limit. I didn't notice the policeman because I was listening to music on my CD player. When I finally saw the flashing lights behind me I felt scared. I knew that I had been driving too fast.

I heard the policeman talking on a loudspeaker. "Pull over," he shouted. But when I pulled over, the car in front of me pulled over also.

The policeman began to ask me questions. He asked me, "Why didn't you pull over sooner?"

I told him, " Because I thought you were trying to stop the car in front of me."

He said, "So, is that why you didn't stop?"

"Yes," I told him.

Fortunately, that day was also lucky. Even though I didn't have a driver's license or any other ID with me, the policeman didn't have my car towed. He just gave me a ticket. I didn't meet my sister, I just drove back to work. I don't remember how much I had to pay for that ticket.

I learned my lesson. I don't recommend that you drive over the speed limit if you don't have a driver's license.

No comments: