Sunday, October 29, 2006

Freedom

A year ago, my family went to a flea market. We saw many kinds of pets there, but my oldest daughter picked two birds. She chose a blue bird and her sister chose a yellow bird, so I decided to buy a big bird cage and some bird food.

We got out of there and my husband drove us home. My kids were very happy to have pets.


Three months later, the yellow bird was sick. After a few days it died. My youngest daughter was very upset. She cried a little bit. The blue bird was very lonely and very quiet.

I told my oldest daughter, “Maybe we should let it free.”

She was sad but she agreed with me to let it go. We thought the blue bird should have friends, so we brought it to the front yard and we let it go free. It was very happy. As I was openning the cage, my daughters said bye - bye to the bird.

“We hope you find some friends, ”my daughter said, and then the bird flew away.


No comments: