Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Relative Mrs. Chan Tao

Mrs. Chan Tao is a relative on my wife’s side. Twenty years ago, Mrs. Chan Tao was pregnant. Unfortunately her husband died from cancer. She was very painfully sad.


After her son was born, she gave her unique son all of her love and time. She fed him and gave him a good education. She worked hard for him.


Twenty years past. Mrs. Chan Tao’s son, Derrick, grew up to become a youth.
He enrolled at UC Davis this year. He had prepared everything for the coming new term this September. His mother was very happy.


But an unfortunate thing happened to her again. Last Tuesday at midnight, Derrick drove to his uncle’s home. He drove too fast. His car crashed and turned over. He passed away.


Today, in the morning, my family attended Derrick’s memorial service in San Francisco. During the memorial service, his mother fell into a swoon twice. I tried to keep calm in my mind, but I could not stop the tear that dropped from my eyes.


This is one of the tragedies in the world, especially for our relative, Mrs. Chan Tao.

No comments: