Sunday, March 26, 2006

A small party

Last Wednesday, all of us (Cristina, Naci , Sethern and me) left earlier than usual from school as Cristina had invited us to visit her house so we decided to go that afternoon.

We chatted while we were driving. After 15 minutes, we arrived at Christina’s house. I felt comfortable and warm when we got into Cristina’s house. Then we sat on the sofa and viewed some of Cristina’s pictures. All of us only spoke English as we came from different countries.

Cristina quickly treated us to some orange juice, and then some potato chips and some special Mexico food. We talked about each other’s countries and our feelings after we moved to the United States.

It surprised me that I found some words in English on the potato chips. Each potato chip had a different sentence. There were riddles on them! So I suggested that we play these riddles on each other. The rule was whoever could reply to a question correctly then she would get one chip. We played the game and cheered.

We had to leave after one and a half hour. We thanked Cristina for her invitation and delicious food when we left. We really had a good time that day. I felt excited that it was the first time I had visited any classmate’s house after I arrived to the United States. We can make friends although we come from different countries.

No comments: