Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Here is a picture that my friend took when we were in her house celebrating Thanksgiving.


Hi classmates and teacher!
How was your Thanksgiving day? I hope it was great, and you enjoyed it with your family.
This was the first time that my sister and I celebrated the Thanksgiving. My family did not consider it as a holiday, so we never celebrated it.
My sister and I were invited to my friend's house on Thanksgiving. Her relatives made a big dinner: a delicious big turkey, tamales, salad, pinto beans, and much more. The house was full with friends and relatives.
After dinner, we gave thanks to the people we love, especially to God. Then we played music and danced, but a lot of us were full and sluggish, so we played karaoke. We also started to play games and had a lot of fun.
I'm glad that they invited us and allowed us to share the table with them. And also, I'm glad being here, in the United States, where my sister and I could learn more about American culture and meet new people!

No comments: