Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Valentine's Day





























Saint Valentines Day

By Mei Mei

For lots of people in Western countries, the 14th of February is Valentine’s Day. It is the special holiday of year when couples or friends get together and celebrate love. Now Eastern countries also like that!

According to tradition, on this day, couples express their love for each other by sending Valentine cards, presenting flowers and chocolates. The day is the exciting for married couples and courting couples. They spend money or do something to prepare presents that their lovers want most.

If you have fallen for someone or have a crush on someone whom doesn’t know, this holiday is a chance to express your love with a Valentine’s present. Or we could celebrate with friends and family. Love is found around the world.

Today, a substitute teacher asked us what we knew about this holiday. I told a story about me.

I studied in Taipei, Taiwan and lived a apartment with some students from the university. My landlord was a young man whose father bought the apartment building for him while he was studying in Taipei. He was a student at the university, too.

The apartment had four rooms, he lived in a room and rented the others to us. We were all girls, but we lived peacefully with him. One day, I wanted to go back to my hometown by train. He gave me a book and told me, “ Don’t open it before you arrive at your home!” When I arrived at my home, then I opened the book. On a page under the front cover some sentences were written for me , and the date was written as “Valentine’s Day”. I didn’t know the word’s meaning, so I looked in the dictionary. Oh! Suddenly I realized that he had feelings for me.

Unfortunately, I had a boyfriend who studied abroad in Japan.

After, the teacher asked Celline. She said that she wanted to carve some fruit for teacher Richarl today. Chariya immediately took two pictures of carving fruits, they are very colorful. I also saved some pictures on my computer. They were taken from the Watermelon Festival of Tainan in Taiwan. I hope you appreciate them!

1 comment:

Richard Blum said...

For lots of people in Western countries, the 14th of February is Valentine’s Day. It is the special holiday of year that is time to get together with couples or friends and celebrated for love. Now Eastern countries also like that!

According with the traditional, the day couples express their love for each other by sending Valentine’s card, presenting flowers and chocolates. The day is the exciting for the married couples and the courting couples, they spent money or do something to prepare the presents of their lovers want most.

If you have felling for someone or crush on someone whom doesn’t know, holding the change to express your love with a Valentine’s present. Or we could celebrate with friends and family, love is filled around the world.

Today, a substitute teacher asked us what you know about the festival. I told a story about me. When I studied in Taipei of Taiwan and lived a apartment with some

students of university. My landlord is a young man whose father bought it for him to study in Taipei. He was a student of university, too.

The apartment has four rooms, he lived a room and other rented to us. We are all girls, but we could lived peaceful with him. One day, I wanted to go back my hometown by train. He gave me a book and told to me “ Don’t open it before you arrive you home!” When I arrived my home, then opened the book. A page under the front cover were written by some sentences for me , and the date was written by “Valentine’s Day”. I didn’t know the word’s mean, so looking into the dictionary. Oh! Suddenly I realized that he had feeling for me.

Unfortunately, I had a boyfriend who studied aboard in Japan.

After ,teacher asked Celline, she said that wanted to carve some fruits for teacher Richarl today. Chariya immediately took two pictures of carving fruits, they are very colorfully. I also have some saving on my computer. They were taken from the Watermelon Festival of Tainan in Taiwan. Wish you could appreciate them!