Thursday, June 22, 2006

An Invalid Trip

My mother-in-law likes pizza very much. Yesterday we received an advertisement. It said that large pizzas are on sale and there is no need to call ahead, no need to wait, and no limit. Supplies will be available all day, everyday. My mother-in-law was very happy when she read it.

It happens that this store is not far from our home. It just takes 10 minutes to drive there. My mother-in-law decided to go and buy a pizza. She asked my sister-in-law to go with her. But my sister-in-law had to finish her job first, so she refused my mother-in-law. This time my mother-in-law went by herself.

After one and a half hour, my mother-in-law hadn’t come back. We started to worry about her. Suddenly, the door opened and my mother-in-law walked in carrying a water-melon.

“What’s the matter? Why did you buy a water-melon not a pizza?” my sister-in-law asked.

My mother-in-law looked upset and sat down and began to describe her trip. She didn’t know how to go to this pizza store when she arrived at the bus stop so she asked a woman how to get there. The woman told her how to go to the pizza store.

Finally, my mother-in-law found the pizza store. When she approached the shop she saw that some construction workers were working there. She realized that this pizza store hadn’t opened yet!

She didn’t want to come back home empty handed so she went to the market and bought a watermelon.

That’s why she bought a watermelon and not a pizza. Everyone, except my mother-in-law, laughed when we heard that.

“Don’t be disappointed, you can go again when it opens,” I said to my mother-in-law.

No comments: