Wednesday, June 28, 2006

First driving test

Almost everyone told me that drive a car is an easy job like you walked. But it is very inconvenience to go somewhere if you don’t drive. I started to learn how to drive once I got the permit. My husband employed an instructor to support me. At first I think drive is the same like drive bumping car in paradise. The different point is drive a car avoid to touch anything. But it can change my idea after I took the first driving test.

After several hours practice, my instructor told me that I can take a driving test in DMV. I was very delight after I heard it. I decided to take a driving test on next day.

Fortunately, I can get an appointment with DMV on next day. I asked my husband to go with me as I want to take his car in the test. On our way to DMV, my husband asked me:” Do you really want to take the driving test today? I don’t think you can get it. We can cancel it if you don’t want.” But I don’t agree with him.

It was my turn to take the test. I started the vehicle and feel very nervous when the examiner got in the car. At that moment the examiner said to me:” You need more practice.” I confused when I heard it as I hadn’t finished the test. I continued to drive. The examiner ordered me to backing, stopping, turns and changing lanes. But I couldn’t do all smoothly.” You need more practice.” The examiner said to me again when we came back DMV and she passed me a piece of paper about driving test. I felt upset as I failed the test. Almost everybody can get it easily but I couldn’t. I think the examiner was too strict.

After thinking about the test again and again, I understand that the examiner was right. I made a lot of mistake during the test. Such as I forget to turn on signal light when I started vehicle and backing. I forget look behind shoulder to check behind spots when I changed lanes. At the same time, I realized that safe is the first. Not in a hurry if I want to get it. I need more practice.

No comments: