Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Anniversary

Yesterday was my 14th anniversary. Usually, we don't do anything special on these days, but last night my family went out to dinner together.

Many people complement me about my life being happy. That is very true, because I have a good husband and two lovely kids. I am proud of them.

Our life is quiet. We don't have relatives and friends around here. Every summer we take a vacation. We enjoy it very much when we are together. My kids are especially happy when they are close to their parents. We talk and have fun.

Sometimes, I don't remember my anniversary day I even forget my birthday, also. Most of the time my husband or my daughter remind me. I don't know why? I do not pay attention to these particular days so much. Perhaps, it is because in my country people don't celebrate the annversary day.

I've been living in America for 16 years, but I still keep my traditions. I like the traditions of Chinese, Vietnamese and American culture. I like to pick and choose the good things that each culture has to offer me.

No comments: