Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Car Driving Dilemma

Learning how to drive in Oakland's roads is not easy for me. I am sometimes confused about the traffic laws, and the fact that there are two persons teaching me how to drive is making me more confused.

My brother in law is my first driving teacher. He is very careful in driving. When we need to stop at the intersection, I have to brake slowly and must not stop suddenly. This would be a bit difficult for me because I need to look for trafic lights or signs very far ahead. At the same time I must not slow down my car to speed lower than speed limits indicated in the signs. Especially, he asks me to accelerate very fast when there is green lights but while doing this I sometimes either swerve out of my lane when I make a turn or head to the car parking at the corner of roads where I turn a sharp right into.

My other driving teacher is my girlfriend. She, on the other hand, is a very fast and daring driver. She asks me not to foot on break so often, to slow down to much, and to change lane to maintain speed and get out of stuck points as fast as I can and sometimes by ways against what I read in the driver handbook.

Hmm, although I drive to school every day, I am still very nervous of the trafic and more of my "driving teacher's" supervision.

No comments: