Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Love of Ganesha


Hi, every one

I would like to talk about my new job in S.F. I was looking for a job for a while, which not in a restaurant any more. Three weeks ago my friend told me to go to talk with the lady who owns a shop in S.F. The shop is named “The love of Ganesha”. I’m a sales clerk now. I sell jewelry, clothes, Crystals, incense, scares, bags, statues of Buddha, statues of Hindu God, pillows, yoga pants. The Most of things came from Indian, Thailand and Southeast Asian. I love this job because first, the location in height-Ashbury neighborhood. I have been live in S.F. for year, before live in Oakland. I used to go to height street to watched hippie people, see decoration in shops and house. Second, working in here I feel like working near Royal Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok such as the smells, sound, colorful clothes, meditation room and arts on the well. I love the whole energy of this store. Third, I meet a lot of different people every day. Some people are tourists and some people are neighbor. They always share of their story to me.

*Also the shop donate money to help poor kids in Thailand, which when you are shopping there

No comments: