Sunday, March 22, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

"Practice makes perfect" is a famous saying. It means that when people are learning to do something new, they will be good at it only after having lots of practice. They have to do it over and over again. I have had such experiences for a year. To learn English well, we must speak more, listen more and read more. In the beginning, I couldn't speak English fluently, so I took every chance to practice, such as going to an English class, talking to people who speak English, reading English blogs, and when I saw words I didn’t understand on the street, I would look them up at home later. I kept practicing for a long time. My spoken English is much better than before. My English listening and reading have also improved. Another example is typing. When people first learn to type, they are not familiar with the keyboard and can't type very fast. But as long as they keep practicing, they're sure to have both their typing speed and accuracy improve. Practice makes perfect! This encourages me to practice more and more.

No comments: